Monday, May 23, 2011

Follow me.

I'm going on an adventure this summer, and I'm not sure what I'll find. I leave next Tuesday, May 31st, at around 7:30am. As you all know, I'll be an intern with SCORE International in Costa Rica for two months. My hope is to keep a blog of my adventures, the lessons I learn, and my struggles along the way.

And this is where you come in. I need prayer. I am excited, and nervous, and afraid. It would mean a lot to me if you would simply whisper a prayer in my direction when you remember over the next two months. I think.. when God created me.. He might have whispered, "quiet service." Not in an attempt to silence my voice, but in a way that described the place I find greatest joy. In those moments of behind the scenes work, washing dishes, and loving on others, I find myself. I find God. Last year, in Costa Rica, I discovered that those moments are what I was made for. That in serving others, behind the scenes, I was serving God.

I'm not perfect. Actually, apart from who Christ says I am, I am nothing. No good thing I've ever done could make me worthy of the love that He's given so freely. And maybe that is exactly the reason this trip makes sense to me. Maybe this really is what I was created to do. I love that thought.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you, honey! God has a way of keeping us humble. Just remember, we're all made in His image, so we can't be that "goofy"!
    Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete