Saturday, June 4, 2011

Just another day..

I'm relaxing in my new bunk, listening to one of the missionaries. She is singing along with what sounds like Frank Sinatra. The sound of her voice in the kitchen makes me feel more at home. Rebecca and I have been at the villa all day, making beds and cleaning for the next group. Making 19 beds doesn't seem like much, but I'm exhausted. We will be going to Coronado tonight, but for now we are resting.


I haven't mentioned the food in any of my posts. The food is from heaven. I'm not even kidding. We've had empanadas, rice and beans, chicken and rice, and other delious foods. By the time a meal comes around, I am STARVING. Dama is the best cook in the whole world, tied with my mom's mom. Ma and Damma are the best cooks in the whole world. :)


Our new room is really small. Rebecca and I are still roomies (yay!), and the other interns are in the room connected to ours. We have one bathroom, but it doesn't seem to be a problem right now. All of the interns are really cool, and I'm excited to get to know them better.


I realize that I don't have much to say, but today has been pretty slow. We fed the homeless last night, on a really poor corner of San Jose. Apparently, this is a dangerous part of the city, but we didn't have any problems. 100 sandwiches were taken in 3 minutes, so we loaded on the bus and left. It was sad that we could not feed everyone, many people were running to us for food. We had to leave without feeding them.


I will miss my church family tomorrow. I'm going to listen to the podcast as soon as it is posted. Church here is pretty awesome, but there's no place like Renovatus. Just sayin.. :)

1 comment: